All the information below can be found by going to respiteservices.com.
Family Directed Respite (FDR) funding is a reimbursement program intended to assist families who are not currently connected to Ministry funded respite/camp programs, to develop and direct their own unique respite plans. Family Directed Respite funding is administered by respiteservices.com on behalf of the Toronto Respite Network.
Note: Applications will be posted each year in mid-January and applications will be accepted until mid-February.
The 2019-2020 application will be posted on January 14th by noon!
- Child must be diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Child is eligible from the age of 2 until their 18th birthday.
- Child must reside with a caregiver and be a permanent resident of Toronto.
- Family required to have made an application to Special Services at Home (waitlist families are eligible).
- Families accessing Ministry funded respite/camp programs may not be eligible. If you have questions about the programs you are currently accessing please contact them directly to inquire about funding received.
|FDR eligible expenses:||FDR ineligible expenses:|
|Camp fees to a limit of $750/week
|Meal, busing, t-shirt, or other costs associated with program/camp||Lessons or classes of any kind/ 1:1 support in the class|
|Respite program fees to a limit of $150/day.||Sport/recreation fees||Assistive devices or equipment|
|Daycare fees||1:1 staffing in home or community|
|Staffing support (in a camp or respite program only) to a limit of $20/hour.
Workers must be 18+ and live outside the family home.
|Activity Costs (e.g. field trip fees, memberships, etc.)||Tutoring, therapy or therapeutic rec programs (e.g. ABA, IBI, SLP, OT, PT)|
|Transportation||Administrative or registration fees|
• The 2019-2020 application will be posted on January 14th, 2019 by 12pm noon.
• We will receive completed application submissions until February 15, 2019.
• Funds will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once available funds are exhausted, applications will continue to be received and added to the waitlist until the deadline. This however does NOT guarantee funding will be approved.
• Complete applications will be considered in the order they are received. Applications will not be considered received until all required documents have been submitted.
• Approval must be received prior to the date of services being delivered.
• The caregiver is responsible for tracking the amount spent and for invoicing.
• Funds may only be used in Ontario.
• Summer requests will not exceed a maximum of 4 total weeks of support for all services.
- Applications will be added to the list as of the date it is received, complete, in the office.
• You will be sent an email confirmation that your application has been received in our office within 3 business days. Please check your junk mail and ensure you have received a confirmation. If you have not received this confirmation, please contact us to ensure your application has been received.
• Decisions regarding funding will be sent to families via email on April 1, 2019. Results will not be shared prior to this date. If you do not have email, a letter will be sent by mail.
Required Documentation – please submit one from each column
Please note: All documents MUST be sent annually with each application.
Credit card statements and cell phone bills will not be accepted.
|Proof of SSAH||Proof of Address||Proof of Diagnosis|
☐ Waitlist letter (if available or consent to contact ministry)
☐ Letter of approval
☐ Blank invoices from previous year
☐ Driver’s License
☐ Current Utility Bill (Hydro, Home Phone, etc. within the last 2 months)
☐ Rental/Lease Agreement
| ☐ Doctor’s Letter
☐ Psychological Assessment
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY: February 15, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
In order to ensure your application is received in the timeliest manner, we suggest that you submit your application via email. Applications may also be mailed or faxed and will be added to the list as of the date it is received in office.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Family Directed Respite
164 Merton Street
Toronto, Ontario M4S 2Z8
NOTE: 2019-2020 Application available January 14th!
(Until January 14th you can preview the old 2018-2019 application below)
If you have any questions about Family Directed Respite (FDR) funding, please contact 416-322-6317 x10 or [email protected]. Please note it may take up to 3 business days to receive a call back. Email inquiry is preferred.